Grain Free Wraps
I love wraps, and really missed them when I went off grains. And then I found these recipes online. So rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm re-posting the show and tell videos. I've tried the flax wraps raw (dehydrated) and cooked. They are good either way. I always use coconut oil to cook, so that's what I used instead of the sunflower oil. I also rolled the tortilla between two sheets of parchment paper.
Yield: 2 wraps
• 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets or 1 package Cauli Rice
• 1/2 tsp. curry powder
• 1/4 tsp. salt
Garlic Herb Wraps:
Substitute 1 minced garlic clove and 3/4 tsp. dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme or a combo) for the curry powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they form a crumb-like texture. ( Omit this step if using Cauli Rice.)
2. Place the Cauli crumbles and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook on medium high heat for about 8 minutes, until tender.
3. Drain the cauliflower in a sieve, then transfer to a nut mylk bag or clean kitchen towel. Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower. In a bowl, stir together the cauliflower and remaining ingredients. Form two thin circles on the parchment-lined baking sheets. With a spatula, press down the "dough" so it forms a thin layer. Keep the wraps as thin as possible. Be sure that there is no parchment paper showing through the mixture in any area of the wrap.
4. Bake for about 17 minutes until dry and pliable. Allow to sit a minute or two, and gently place the wrap side of the parchment paper down on a wire rack to cool, and carefully peel off the parchment paper, so the bottom does not become soggy. Use with light fillings or tear into pieces and use to scoop up fillings.
These delicate wraps are best served within a few hours of baking.
Anything you like to eat in a wrap. Since the video lady doesn't seem to know how to wrap a wrap, I wrapped how wrappers who know how to wrap a wrap wrap. ( Question: How many wraps in that?)
Leave a Reply.
About This Page
Healthy eating is an important part of holistic self-care. This page contains tried and true quick, easy, delicious and nutritious recipes intended to enhance health and wellness.